Sunday, February 21, 2016

Hello

Today I'm showcasing a layout of myself. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes it's nice to include myself in our family albums.


I used a sketch from ScrapMuch? for this layout. Another wonderful Laura Whitaker sketch. My favorite! I also used this page for a challenge from SG Scrap Squad. The Challenge was to create a layout using at least three gold items. I used a gold word sticker, gold sequins, and gold metallic thread. 


I'm in love with the colors in this layout. Everything just came together quickly, and I love how it turned out. I used chipboard hearts, enamel dots, and this cute button tied with gold thread for the embellishment cluster at the corner of my picture.


I based the color scheme off of the camera paper that I cut into strips. Everything worked so well together. The little brown bag behind the picture has been in my stash for a very long time. I love that I finally found the place to use it.


I used a Tim Holtz stencil and some coral Quick Quotes ink to add the dots on the page. I liked how it added so much detail with something so simple. 

Thank you for taking a look at my layout. Please leave me some blog love and let me know your thoughts.


8 comments:

  1. Jackie this page is so pretty, loving your layers and background technique! Thanks for joining us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page, Jackie! I love the colours and papers you used!
    Thanks for joining us at ScrapMuch?! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your layout! Just wonderful! Thanks for joining in the fun over at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your thoughtful (and gold) details! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Much?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch! Lovely papers and a sweet photo of you! Thanks for joining us at ScrapMuch?! Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors you used especially with the pops of gold! Thanks for playing along with us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stencil and good for focusing a page on you! Thanks for playing along with ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Background is perfect and loving your clusters
    Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete