Saturday, April 11, 2015

Welcome Home Little Man

I'm working my way through all the left-over photos from my son's first year. It's so much fun to remember what he was like when he was tiny. So adorable! These were pictures of my son the day he came home from the hospital. He was just a day old. 


I used the Echo Park Jack and Jill Boy collection for this layout. I added the yellow paper from my sketch. I love the "boy" colors.

The sketch for this layout came from ScrapMuch?.  It reminds me of a Laura Whitaker sketch even though it's not tagged as one of hers. I love it's simplicity with the ability to add more to make it your own. I stayed pretty true to the sketch, but I used three photos instead of two. I had to get the pictures of my little guy's face, hands, and feet on the layout. He was just so cute!


Once again, I used two different alphas on this layout; puffy, glitter Thickers, and simple yellow block letters. I created a little embellishment cluster to draw the eye to the picture of my son's feet. I love how tiny they were! I used a heart paperclip, and various scrap stash. 


To get the circles on the background I traced a plate using a pen to make stitch marks. I created another embellishment cluster to cover up a bright green cup that was in the background of my photos. I really detracted from the subject; my son. I love how the embellishments add to the layout and doesn't detract from it.


I adore this little sticker. It was perfect for this layout. My boy stole my heart the moment I saw him! 

Thank you for taking a look at my layout. Please leave me some blog love and let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

**This layout was featured at Scrap Much? on April 16, 2015. Thank you Scrap Much?!

6 comments:

  1. what a sweet layout!!!! great embellishment clusters, especially the button with the enamel shapes, so soft and perfect for this layout. Thank you for playing with us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, love the colour combo and layers! Thanks for playing along at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!! I love the soft colour and embellie clusters. So sweet!! Thanks for playing along with us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet layout. I have a new neice so going to be making some baby pages now too. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Much?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet page and photos too!! Perfect colour choice and faux stitching.
    Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page Jackie, precious photo's and gorgeous little details. Thanks for playing along at Scrapmuch? this month.

    ReplyDelete