Saturday, April 25, 2015

Cherish

I adore this picture of my husband and our son! I knew the layout needed to be special. I absolutely love the way it turned out!!


I used Sketch #119 from Let's Capture Our Memories for this page. I loved the layers and the simple potential. I hunted for supplies through my stash for this layout. I used a simple piece of gray cardstock, and gave it a few spritz and splats of Dylussions white misting ink. I ended up ironing the paper afterward to help it to lay a bit more flat. It didn't come out perfectly flat, but it was better. I hunted for all sorts of buttons and such from different collections I had laying around. I love how it all came together.


I looked for any button, chipboard, or wooden nickel with the mint/aqua and gray color to them. Just a little bit of gray baker's twine made the embellishments come together.


I used a phrase from a set of foam Thickers that I had in my stash. I worked perfectly with this page. I typed and printed my journaling, and cut it into strips. I love showcasing my journaling this way.

I also get to use this layout for a challenge from Red Carpet Studio. I love when my layouts fit for multiple challenges! RCS challenge #98 was inspired by the move Overboard, which is one of my most favorite movies! The challenge was to use a masculine and a feminine element on your page. My masculine element is the dark gray background and the black letters. The feminine element is the soft mint/teal colors in the papers and embellishments, and the little bow of baker's twine.

Thank you for taking a look at my layout. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed creating it. Please leave me your thoughts. Thanks!


4 comments:

  1. Wow.....Love, love, love your layout. I can understand you loving the photo, so adorable. Everything is awesome from the photo to the title, embellishments and colour choice. Well done on the sketch. You rocked the challenge. Thanks for joining in at Let's Capture Our Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful take on our sketch. It couldn't be any more perfect. Thanks for joining us at LCOM.
    -Cher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout! I really enjoy how your soft color palette stands out from that gray background. It really draws the eye right to that wonderful photo. Well done. Thanks so much for sharing your work with Red Carpet Studios!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful layout and I think you did great with the pictures. The layers are perfect and it just shows the love. It's masculine and yet soft at the same time, a perfect combo. Thanks for sharing with us at RCS and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete