Thursday, May 15, 2014

Lasting Memories #190 Reveal: My Sweet Love

Hello Everyone! Tonight I'm revealing my layout for this week's Lasting Memories challenge (LM 190), Unusual Embellishments. The challenge is to use something on your LO that isn't normally used for scrapbooking.

For my LO I used metallic tape from Home Depot. The tape is usually used to repair heat ducts. It's sticky on one side and shiny on the other. I wanted to make sure this page had a masculine feel to it as it's a picture of my husband, so I thought metal would work well for that. I covered small round chipboard pieces with the tape and then ran them through my embossed. I really like the effect!




Don't the look great? I love the shine, and that they have design but aren't too "girly".


I used Echo Park's Capture Life papers for this LO. I love using 6x6 pads, and they worked perfect for this. After picking the pages I wanted I tore each one in half, then I fanned them out equally and adhered them one at a time to the page. I distressed the edges a bit, and inked them all. 


(I love that man!!) 

I also used a sketch for this LO. The sketch was from Life.Paper.Scrapbook.

I liked the simplicity of the sketch. My homemade embellishments are my way of adding the circles from the sketch.

I had a lot of fun with this LO and the embellishments. I hope you head on over to Lasting Memories and try the challenge yourself.



5 comments:

  1. Love your choice of papers for this layout Jackie. And... you are so clever - what a fab effect that metallic tape gives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the addition of metallic embellies to a masculine page- thanks for using our LPS sketch and for playing along :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea using the metallic tape and your embosser. I love how it turned out and can't wait to try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. COOL! Gotta try that! Love your interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Metallic tape, now thats awesomely neat! I love it, very masculine indeed.

    ReplyDelete