Sunday, June 8, 2014

Playing With the Birds

Good evening everyone! Tonight I'm revealing my layout for Lasting Memories 'Go Wild with Animals' challenge. The challenge was issued last week, but I've been so busy lately that I just couldn't get it done. Better late than never!


It's been a long time since I've done a double-page LO. I had too many pictures for a single-page, and I found a great sketch from Scrapbook Challenges (#396). These pictures are from 1999, so they've been hanging around just waiting for me to scrap them for awhile. This challenge was perfect! I also just got my Noel Mignon kit for June, and it had these great teal and lime papers in it. They were perfect for the pictures. I love orange with these colors, so I couldn't resist adding a splash of orange.


I used overlays on most of my photos. They helped to hide the unwanted backgrounds, and added really cute detail.


Aren't those colors yummy? I also added the smashed pennies that we made at the Oregon Zoo. I love adding souvenirs when I can.


These enable buttons from Jillibean Soup are awesome! I love the details they add. This cute wood veneer arrow was in the Noel Mignon kit. Love it!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my LO. Head on over to Lasting Memories and join us in this fun challenge. You have until the end of the month, so get those pictures together and start creating. I can't wait to see what you make.

4 comments:

  1. What a great two-pager! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the double LO, and I totally adore the colour palette. A splash of orange is always a great thing :) I've never seen those buttons from Jillibean Soup before, but they add such a nice touch. I'll keep my eye out for them over here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet page - love the colours you have used and your subject matter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo, love your double pager, love all the circles and embellies too.

    ReplyDelete