Sunday, November 15, 2015

Princess Meila

My granddaughter is adorable! Her Grandma Jozette made this cute dress for Meila, and she looked so cute in it. When I saw the pictures I knew I had to use them in a layout.


I created this page using a sketch from Stuck?! Sketches. Another Laura Whitaker Sketch...my favorite!

I started this page by using Faber-Castelle Gelatos in three different colors of pink to create the pink sunburst. I used a make-up brush to pull the colors across the page. I love the effect it created. 

I used papers from Kaiser Craft from their Secret Garden collection for this layout. I love how soft and "girly" the line is. 


Here you can see the Gelatos streaked across the page. The butterflies and flowers were emphemera from the Secret Garden collection. I used Stickles in Star Dust on parts of the butterflies and flowers to create more of the fairy effect. 


I inked the edges of the papers in Quick Quotes chalk in Feather Gray. I also used two different types of Thickers - one in a soft blue and other in metallic silver.


I love all the layers in this page. Such cute detail.


I used pop-dots to make the flowers and butterflies stand out from the page. I bent the wings of the butterflies to give them a bit more dimension.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my layout. Please leave me some blog love and let me know your thoughts. Thank you!




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful page and super sweet photos, i really love the layered embellishments! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning page!! I love what you did on the background! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. I really like he effect of the gelato background. Thank you for sharing at Stuck?! Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of gelatos to prepare the background and the flowers give a touch of sweetness to the page. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stuck?! Sketches. Eli

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a stunning page - Loving all the embellishments <3 Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches Hugs Sarah x x x

    ReplyDelete