Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Clean-Up

I'm loving finding these older Christmas pictures. These pictures of my son cleaning up the pine needles from our Christmas tree were from 2009. He would have been five. Such a cute little man!


I created this layout for a challenge from a Facebook group called Sketchy Board Challenge. Each month they post a sketch and some inspiration. I don't always get a chance to participate, but I loved this months sketch. I knew I had the pictures that I wanted for it.


I used my Noel Mignon kit for this layout. I love her kits! The colors in the paper were just what I was looking for. I had this chipboard 'Christmas' in my stash for awhile. I painted it green, and then used some Ultra Thick Embossing Powder to add some shine and depth to it. 


After painting it I stamped it with a Versa Mark stamp to get the embossing powder to stick.


After heating it up, it melts and looks like this. I did the process twice to give it lots of shine.


This is the embossing powder I use. I found it at a scrapbooking show a few years ago. It's a big bottle, and it will last forever!


I framed the pictures with a Kelly Green cardstock to help them standout on the vanilla paper. The green went perfectly with the green and teal plaid paper.


I love typing my journaling in strips. It makes the journaling part of the design instead of detracting from it. 


I used a dropper and some Mr. Huey's color mist in 'Pickle' to create these splats of color on the page. Sometimes I have problems getting the splats to go just right, but these turned out perfect!


I used my sewing machine to add stitching to a few places on the page. After that, I attached  this adorable snowflake clip to the page by hand sewing it on. I added the title over the top of the stitching. If you look closely you can see some teal washi tape under the word 'Christmas'. I love all these layers!


Here's another look at the layers of goodness. I also used snowflake sequins and enamel dots to add detail to the page.

Thanks for taking a look at my layout. Please leave me some blog love and let me know your thoughts. 


1 comment:

  1. Great layout Jackie....love the paint splatters and stitching. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy boards!

    ReplyDelete