Wednesday, December 30, 2015

So Awesome

 Oh man, I love this little face! This is my adorable son, William. How cute is he? He's ten-years-old, but he still loves to spend time with me cuddling and talking. I adore him so much! I took this picture of him a few months ago. I love the little freckles that you can see across the bridge of his nose. Too cute!


I created this layout for a challenge from The Studio Challenges. I loved the simple sketch that allowed me some freedom, yet gave some great guidelines. 


I used Echo Parks Jack and Jill Boy collection for this layout. I love the oranges and blues together. I used what looks like several layers of paper, but really only used two full layers, and then used little pieces of paper around the edges. I inked all the edges with Quick Quotes chalk ink in Orange Slice. I used a white Uniball pen to outline some of the layers, and a Zig Writer in navy for some others. Lots of little details in this simple layout. I used a set of Thickers with blue glitter. Fun!


I used Heidi Swapp Color Shine in both navy and peach for this page. I took the cap off and just tapped it to disperse the ink o the page. I used different circle embellishments from the Jack and Jill line to add fun elements to the page. I love how simple this page is. It allows my son's adorable face to be the star of the page. Perfect!

Thank you for looking at my layout. Please leave me some blog love and let me know your thoughts. I would love to have you become a member of my blog while you're here. I always love having more guests visit. Thanks!


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous take on the sketch Jackie! Loving the orange/blue colour scheme. Thanks for sharing your wonderful layout with us at The Studio Challenges. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout, love what you did with the sketch, it really does set off the photo so well. Thanks so much for joining in with us at The Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a priceless photo and a perfect page of your cutie! Love the blue/orange combo! Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Studio!

    ReplyDelete