Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Stockings Were Hung on the Chimney with Care

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. We had a great time here at our house. I was able to spend many days scrapbooking, which has made me very happy and relaxed. This is just one of many layouts I completed over the last week or so. So much fun!!


I created this layout for a challenge in a Facebook group called My Scraps and More Challenges and Contests. The challenge was to use some of the words from The Night Before Christmas poem in a layout. I knew I had the perfect picture for this challenge! I used pieces from my Noel Mignon kit, along with a few other things around my stash.


I love using multiple alphas on my layouts. For this one I used three different types. The cursive letters are Thickers with various words in the set. The word Stockings was made from a beautiful thick, shiny, gold Thicker set. I also used little block letters for the rest of the title. I love it!


To create the background I used a makeup sponge to spread some gold Mr. Huey's Gold spray. I then used a red Fabre Castille Gelato to add bits of red to it. Last, I stamped some gold snowflakes in various places. It turned out perfect!


I love this little embellishment cluster. Anything Christmas makes me happy. This cluster just screams Christmas. 


Here you can see the shine in the background. I used sequins and enamel dots to add even more detail to this simple layout.

Thank you for taking a look at my layout. Please leave me some blog love and let me know your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment